Sunday, August 12, 2012

27 weeks

Thanks Jacque for you advice about the baby welcoming party, so it looks like I'll be waiting at least a couple of weeks after the baby is born, I think I can manage. Beth and Caleb have graciously offered to host/plan the party, so that takes a huge load off of my back and thanks to Pinterest, I have no doubt we're going to have some awesome ideas to work with; I'm so addicted to that wonderful website.

  I officially have a full-size belly now and have to waddle most of the time, it's nice to be obviously pregnant, but the physical aspects really suck. My uterus has been my arch-nemesis this week, it' soo tight, it feels like someone has been blowing it up like a balloon and it makes it painful to turn in bed, sleeping on my side was aweful until I discovered that strategically-placed pillows work like magic.

Heat has started to effect me a lot more; I become claustrophic and full of anxiety, not to mention very grumpy when I'm forced to be in it. Today was the worst. I had to drive to Shandon (temps average 100+) to a place I had never been before. My AC ended up going out (I had never had a problem with it before) and we got lost with no reception. I was with my pregnant friend and we were both dying. My poor mom had a purple face. It ruined my day, I was sooo grumpy for the rest of the day that everyone annoyed me.

Work is getting harder and harder to do, I get so tired from walking around and my feet hurt alot. I'm going on maternity leave on September 15. I was going to try to thug it out until I could not possibly work anymore, but I have a feeling that they will not want to give me the Weekend of Sep. 22 off, which is when Beth and Caleb are getting married, so I had to plan a preemptive leave.

I accidentally missed my first appt. with my midwife and they had the wrong number, so they couldn't get a hold of me to remind me. So, it's not going to be until August 24 and the hospital tour is on the 19th. I have a feeling I'm going to wimp out and end up just pumping myself full of drugs, because the pain ALREADY sucks.

The coolest thing about this stage is being able to feel the baby with my fingers. He is full on changing positions all the time, I could swear he's doing Yoga. According to the tracker, he should be 10 inches long now and 2 lbs, which I'm kind of worried, because last month, he was already over 2 lbs. I don't want to give birth to a giant, but I might.

I plan on trying perineal stretching 10 weeks prior to the big day to reduce the likelihood of tearing...I asked Kelly if she would help me...I don't think she's going to, she just turned really red and started laughing embarrassingly. I told her if I tear, I'm going to blame her.

I've been in the company of several children this week and it is really stressful...I get anxiety...I wonder what I've gotten myself into, but it's too late to send him back ;) I'm definitely getting an IUD as soon as I recover from birth.

3 comments:

  1. That's so sweet of ur brother and his fiancée to host it for you:) you'll be able to enjoy everyone's company plus baby will get to meet everyone at the same time:) as for drugs, you'll be ok try ur best to be natural as long as u can don't forget they also can do an IV to help u and still do natural it only reduces the pain doesn't make it go away and it's what I did with my son and will do it again with this baby. This heat is soooooo hard on our oregnnt bodies try to rest and elevate ur feet once in a while and keep hydrated!!!!!! As for the stretching I didn't tear with angel but with the girls I did :(look up and see if u can do it on ur own it helps ALOT not tearing but if u do, you will be ok!!! You heal just as quickly and it doesn't hurt since ur so numb from the baby being born :) I agree IUD!!!!!! Lol I'm so happy for u<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. IUDs are amazing. I believe that you can get one placed immediately after birth. You should ask your Dr.

    And send pinterest pic ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I'm glad you aren't doing it all on your own.As for being stretched ask your Dr. or OBGYN or what ever you are going to to stretch you in your last month appts. Mine did for when I had Jasper and it helped a lot. Also if you aren't allergic use coconut oil just rub it in real good it will help soften you up with out a bunch of yucky chemicals.

    Wish we could be there for the shower :(

    ReplyDelete