Monday, December 2, 2013

Punishment and Potty-training

I finally got everything decorated and it looks so nice. I love the bright color scheme we went with : Fuschia, lime green, baby blue, turquoise and purple. My house smells so good: Christmas trees and cinnamon (I got those yummy smelling pinecones and I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with them). I painted my dresser ombre in shades of yellow chalk paint and it looks so good. I was so proud of myself. I also got these wall decals for my dining room area that have all kinds of bright colored kitchen utensils framing the word "Eat". It's about time my house reflected my personal style.

Kelly suggested that I start implementing punishment with a naughty chair. I didn't even think Edin was old enough to understand punishment. So I got a box and wrapped it in pretty wrapping paper and put it in the corner. I tried it with him today and when I put him on it, he lit up like a christmas tree, like I had done him a great service. The next time, he cried because he was afraid to get down but after a while, he calmed down and began to enjoy it. After that, he tried to put himself on it for kicks. I don't know about that boy...

Last night, I moved his pack 'n' play to our room because his room gets very cold. He cried a lot last night because he couldn't go back to sleep. This morning, he climbed out somehow. He is so sweet.e

He is fascinated with the tree, of course, and I feel bad punishing him for taking down the ornaments, because he tries to put them back.

Next week, I am going to get him a potty chair so we can officially start potty-training. So punishment and potty-training is starting all in the same week.

No comments:

Post a Comment